White On Chimaev's UFC 333 Push After Title Loss
This author receives a commission through recommended links in this content. See our affiliate disclosure.
Dana White said Khamzat Chimaev remains under consideration for UFC 333 but stopped short of confirming a bout for the former middleweight champion.
Chimaev posted on social media asking what the holdup was, writing "I want to fight" and tagging the UFC boss, per Sherdog. White addressed the callout after Week 2 of Dana White's Contender Series on Tuesday night.
🎟️ Get tickets: Buy tickets to UFC Contender Series on Ticketmaster →
White's Comments on Chimaev UFC 333 Return
"Yeah, I mean, he's always in conversation to fight. The whole roster is," White said. "I mean, everybody, in a perfect world, everybody fights three times a year." White told reporters he had not seen the social media post before being asked about it.
Chimaev lost the middleweight title to Sean Strickland earlier this year in the first defeat of his professional career. The Chechen initially floated a move to heavyweight/" class="internal-link text-bone underline decoration-ash/30 hover:decoration-gold underline-offset-2">light heavyweight after the loss but has spent recent months calling for an immediate rematch with Strickland.
🎟️ Get tickets: Buy tickets to UFC Contender Series on Ticketmaster →
UFC 333 is scheduled for Oct. 24 at Etihad Arena on Yas Island in Abu Dhabi. Alexander Volkanovski defends his featherweight title against Movsar Evloev on the card, while Petr Yan and Merab Dvalishvili run back their bantamweight championship trilogy in the co-main event.
Reported via:
- Sherdog — Dana White addresses Khamzat Chimaev’s potential UFC 333 return
Related Fighters & Stats
Get Ringside Updates
Fight announcements, results, and analysis delivered to your inbox. No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

