Frank Warren wants Daniel Dubois trilogy with Oleksandr Usyk
Frank Warren wants Daniel Dubois to challenge Oleksandr Usyk for a third time after the British heavyweight reclaimed the WBO title against Fabio Wardley on May 9.
Dubois lost twice to the unbeaten Ukrainian champion, first in 2023 when he was stopped in nine rounds while challenging for the unified titles in Poland, then again last year when Usyk knocked him out in five rounds in an undisputed bout. Warren told Sky Sports that the 28-year-old has closed the gap since those defeats.
"I'd like to see Daniel in with him again," Warren said, per Sky Sports. "He's grown up mentally. Physically, he's there but mentally he's grown into this now and I would like see that fight again, I really would."
Wardley win seen as turning point for Dubois
Warren believes the gruelling victory over Wardley marked a shift in Dubois' development. The promoter noted that Dubois already owns a Hall of Fame calibre résumé, including the 2024 knockout of Anthony Joshua that no other heavyweight has managed. Mohammed Ali, Dubois' head of boxing performance analysis, told Sky Sports that the fighter now matches Usyk's scientific approach and that a third meeting would see an improved version of the challenger.
Dubois secured the IBF belt after Usyk vacated it between the Tyson Fury rematches, then defended it against Joshua before losing it back to Usyk in their undisputed clash. The WBO title he regained from Wardley puts him back in position for another shot at the Ukrainian, who currently holds the WBA, WBC and WBO straps.
Source: skysports.com
Related Fighters & Stats
Get Ringside Updates
Fight announcements, results, and analysis delivered to your inbox. No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.


