Tyson Fury plans summer fight before Anthony Joshua showdownTyson Fury plans summer fight before Anthony Joshua showdown
Boxing News
Advertisement
BOXINGBoxing News

Tyson Fury plans summer fight before Anthony Joshua showdown

Dan O'keefe
Contributor ·

Tyson Fury will take a summer fight before his winter clash with Anthony Joshua, promoter Frank Warren told reporters Thursday.

Warren said Fury is unlikely to sit idle while Joshua boxes his own tune-up against Albania's Kristian Prenga on July 25 in Riyadh. "I think Fury will probably want to be doing something in between," Warren said, per The Ring. "Tyson, I'm quite sure, will have a fight in between. That's what he's asking for and we'll see where we go from there."

What Fury's camp schedule means for Joshua bout

Turki Alalshikh confirmed earlier this week that the two British heavyweights had signed for a late 2026 showdown. Joshua has not fought since Daniel Dubois stopped him at Wembley in 2024, aside from knocking out Jake Paul in December. Fury, meanwhile, came out of a short retirement to outpoint Arslanbek Makhmudov at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium earlier this month.

Joshua watched that fight from ringside but declined a face-off with Fury in the ring. He has since signed the contract for what Warren called the biggest fight in British boxing history.

No date or venue has been announced for the Fury-Joshua bout, though both fighters are expected to be active in the summer months before their winter meeting.

Source: ringmagazine.com

Advertisement
Advertisement

Get Ringside Updates

Fight announcements, results, and analysis delivered to your inbox. No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

Send me:

Join the discussion

Comments are launching soon. We’re setting up the moderation layer first.