Amir Khan Hints At A Return, Calls Out KSI And Jake Paul – ‘Send The Contract, Go Back To Disney’

June 3, 2024
2 weeks
Amir Khan Hints At A Return, Calls Out KSI And Jake Paul - 'Send The Contract, Go Back To Disney'

Amir Khan has called out both KSI and Jake Paul following reports that he will make a comeback. 

Khan has not boxed since losing to Kell Brook in 2022. The former two-time junior welterweight champion tested positive for Ostarine after the Brook loss. Ostarine is known for allowing boxers to cut weight and increase stamina and muscle. The boxer received a two-year backdated ban, which expired in April 2024. 

“Professional boxer and Olympic medallist Amir Khan has been banned from all sport for two years following Anti-Doping Rule Violations (ADRVs) for the presence and use of a Prohibited Substance. On 19 February 2022, UK Anti-Doping (UKAD) collected an In-Competition urine Sample from Mr Khan after his fight against Kell Brook at the Manchester Arena. Mr Khan’s Sample returned an Adverse Analytical Finding (AAF) for ostarine,” UKAD statement 

Now, it appears he is the latest boxer who could make a comeback. Jake Paul leaked that Khan would fight KSI next. While there has been no official confirmation from Khan or KSI, Khan has hinted that he will return.

Khan’s Return

Jake Paul: “KSI vs. Amir Khan…Good entertainment”

Amir Khan: “If he dies, he dies. Then…Jake Paul is up. Send contract or go back to Disney”

A fight with Paul has been talked about previously. Khan was reacting to Paul’s entry into boxing, which ruffled a few feathers. Paul slowly built himself by boxing ex-UFC fighters. Once he started to gain some success, he was seen as taking the sport seriously. He would face his first-ever pro boxer in the form of Tommy Fury.

While Paul lost a split decision, he dropped Fury to the canvas with his jab, which was the highlight of the fight. Since then, he has gone on to fight two more pro boxers. He has stopped Andre August and Ryan Bourland in his last two fights. He will face Mike Tyson next. The fight was meant for July 20. However, Tyson pulled out due to medical advice after his ulcer flared. While some boxing fans have called for the fight to be scrapped, Paul has reassured everyone that it will proceed. 

Paul’s Future

“Obviously, devastating news. I’m heartbroken. I’m speechless, gutted. We’ve been working so hard over here, everyone in this camp. I just feel bad for everyone involved in this event, the whole undercard. This was an opportunity ripped from all of us.

“I do value Mike’s health first and foremost. I love that guy and have so much respect for him. [And] I want Mike to be healthy. He says he still is going to knock me out, and I bought myself some time, so Mike is still talking sh*t. Mike, if you still want to do this like you said behind close doors behind the scenes, thank you. You just need a little bit of time, so I’m ready whenever you are. This is too big of an opportunity. I think this fight is going to change the world,” Jake Paul revealed

But based on what he has seen of Paul, Khan was not impressed, which could set the narrative for a fight. 

“Jake Paul, he gets on my nerves a little bit. I think the way he conducts himself the way he acts and he’s just full of himself as well and he thinks he can fight. He’s only been boxing for like a year, so yeah, I’d love to fight him. He’s been very lucky though, he’s a little bit heavier than me. But I don’t mind putting the pounds on just to beat him up,” Khan stated 

Comments

Find all the latest boxing news and MMA breaking updates on boxingnews.com

THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING boxingnews.COM

TAGS
COMMENTS

RELATED NEWS